First things first – your privacy is important to us. You’ve placed your trust in us by using our Secret City Trails website and playing discovery games via our web app – and we value that trust. This means we’re committed to protecting any personal data you give us.
By visiting our site, contacting us and playing our games, we process your personal data, as well as additional information. Below we explain what personal data and information we process and for which purposes.
We might amend the Privacy Statement from time to time to comply with EU regulation. If you care about your privacy, visit this page regularly and you’ll know exactly where you stand.
Sad but necessary bit: If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services.
What kind of personal data does Secret City Trails collect?
We may process the following personal data about you (although the list is not exhaustive):
- Personal data from which you are identifiable such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, address, company name, and nationality
- Contact data such as your email address, that you share when contacting us via email, providing feedback and signing up to our newsletter
- While playing the games, we collect the answers you submit as well as your score
Why does Secret City Trails collect and use personal data?
We use the data that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In particular, we use your email to send you your unique link to play the game you have purchased. In addition to this:
- we may use it to provide information to you that you requested from us regarding our products or services or to provide customer service
- we may use it provide, understand, improve, and develop the Secret City Trails website and web app (through which you play the game)
- we may use it to personalise, measure and improve our advertising and marketing
(1) We may use your information to provide you customer service. We may send you notifications of new experiences we believe you might be interested in and referral invitations and codes. We may also request reviews.(2) We may use your information for analytical purposes and research to optimise our platforms. See more about this below – Cookies.(3) We may send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram or Google. We may personalise, measure, and improve our advertising, and administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities.If you completed one of our feedback surveys after playing with us, your answers will be anonymised.Your Choices
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Secret City Trails. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that Secret City Trails sends to you. To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
Does Secret City Trails share data with third parties?
No. We do not share your date with any third parties, unless we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information, to prevent fraud and reduce the risk of fraud.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device when visiting a website.
Besides cookies, other similar tracking technologies are also used. These can include web beacons (also known as pixel tags, web bugs or gifs) or tracking URLs. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that can be delivered to your computer as part of a web page request, in an app, in an advertisement or in an HTML email message. Pixels can be used to retrieve information from your device, such as your device type or operating system, IP address, and time of visit. They are also used to serve and read cookies in your browser. Tracking URLs are used to understand how referring websites lead users to the Secret City Trails website.
Secret City Trails also using Google Analytics and Hotjar to perform statistical analysis about the way you use our services. The data we gather using these technologies includes which web pages you viewed, which referring/exit pages you entered and left from, which platform type you used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of times you click on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity and the text you type while using our website.
All these technologies are together referred to hereafter as “cookies”.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognised by the website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookie, and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan, and according to who places them on a website.
What are your choices?
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, you can visit allaboutcookies.org. In the settings for browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can choose which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you can find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the Help section of your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain technical cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes through Google Analytics from certain browser types, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (only for desktop).
We aim to give our users a user-friendly website. For more details about the types of cookies we use, check the tables below.
Secret City Trails is incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands as Goosebumps Adventures under registration 86093800 and this entity controls the processing of personal data.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of (inaccurate) personal data. To exercise these rights, to update your personal data, or for all questions in relation to how Secret City Trails processes your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.