How Does It Work?
- Sign up and pay for the trail across Cologne online. You will receive a text message with your unique link within 1 hour from completing the payment.
- Start on in front of the side portal of the Roman north gate CCAA in front of the cathedral’s main entrance, between 9:00-18:00, every day of the week (7 days a week). To start, open the link you received upon purchase in your browser on your phone. Simply press the Start button to receive your first clue and start playing.
- Solve 16 clues by typing your answer in the answer box and hit the ‘I’ve got it!’ button to submit your it.
- Enjoy discovering the city as each correct answer takes you to your next location within walking distance.
- Keep in mind that most answers are made up of one word only or a number – there are a few exceptions.
- Ask for a hint, by tapping the ‘I need help’ button, if you need a little help solving a clue. HINTS will get you nearer to the location where you need to search for the answer to your clue.
- Please note there’s only one HINT per clue. Each HINT you ask for will add 10mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- In case you’d like to skip a clue without solving it and want to receive the next one, press the ‘Skip this clue’ button. We recommend asking for a HINT before you skip a clue to make sure you are near the right spot to continue from.
- Skipping a clue adds 20mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- You can always close and reopen your browser – and using your same unique link, you can continue playing where you left off.
Location & Timings
- Start: In front of the side portal of the Roman north gate CCAA in front of the cathedral’s main entrance, between 9:00-18:00, 7 days a week.
- End: The trail ends near Rudolfplatz, near some lovely spots for beers, wine and bites – or dinner!
- Distance & duration: The trail is spread across approximately 5 beautiful kilometres and takes between 2 to 3 hours to complete. However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so enjoy your new discoveries and take your time!
- Break: The trail includes two breaks near lovely places to enjoy a bite & drink.
- Difficulty level: Easy-Medium.
Hear and read what recent players said about our trails here.
Read our Terms & Conditions here.