How Does It Work?
- Sign up and pay for the Jordaan trail online. You will receive a text message with your unique link within 1 hour from completing the payment.
- Start at Johnny Jordaanplein between 08:00-19:00 (daylight hours) on any day of the week, by opening the link, that you received upon purchase, in your browser on your phone. Simply press the Start button to begin playing.
- Solve the 14 clues by typing the answers in the text box and hit the ‘I’ve got it!’ button to submit your answer.
- Enjoy discovering the Jordaan area as each correct answer takes you to your next location – within walking distance.
- The answers to some clues are hidden inside places and spaces we like. We don’t take any commission for bringing you there – we simply think they add something extra to your experience.
- Keep in mind that most answers are made up of one word only or a number – there are a few exceptions.
- Ask for a hint, by clicking the ‘I need help’ button, if you need a little help solving a clue. HINTS will get you nearer to the location where you need to search for the answer to your clue.
- Please note there’s only one HINT per clue. Each HINT you ask for will add 10mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- In case you’d like to skip a clue without solving it and want to receive the next one, press the ‘Skip this clue’ button. We recommend asking for a HINT before you skip a clue to make sure you are near the right spot to continue from.
- Skipping a clue adds 20mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
Location & Timings
- Start: This Jordaan trail starts at Johnny Jordaanplein (Elandsgracht). The trail can be played all days of the week, starting between 08:00-19:00 (daylight hours).
- End: The trail ends in the Haarlemmerstraat, from where it is a 15-minute walk back to the starting point.
- Distance and duration: This trail covers approximately 2,5km and takes between 1,5 to 3 hours to complete (including a break). However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so take your time and enjoy your new discoveries.
- Break: This trail includes a break near some lovely cafes and bars. The recommended time for the break is 30 minutes.
- Difficulty level: Easy
Hear and read what recent players said about our trails here.
Read our Terms & Conditions here.