How to play:
- Pre-game: Play on your own, or in a team. We recommend teams of max. 5 players.
- Playing the game: To start playing, open the link you received upon purchase. It will open the web app in your phone’s browser. Then simply tap the “Play” button to start solving your first riddle. Keep in mind that as soon as you hit “Play”, the clock starts ticking.
- Solving the riddles: Solve the 13 riddles by typing the answers in the text box and tapping the tick button to submit your answer.
- Hints: If you need a little help, ask for a hint. Hints will get you nearer the location where you can find the answer to your riddle. Note there’s only one hint per riddle. Each hint you ask for will add 10 minutes of ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- Skipping: In case you’d like to skip a riddle without solving it, tap Skip this riddle. We recommended always asking for a hint before skipping to make sure you’re in the right location to continue from. Skipping a riddle adds 20 minutes ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
And just so you know,
- You (the team captain) can always close and reopen your unique link in your phone’s browser – and you can continue playing where you left off until one week after starting the game (handy in the unlikely event of rain!).
- While most teams take between 1-2 hours of walking to play this game in the beautiful gardens, there is no time limit on completing this route, so take your time and enjoy your new discoveries.