How does it work?
- Sign up and pay for the trail across Bratislava’s green spots online. You will receive a message with your unique link within 1 hour from completing the payment.
- Start in front of the statue of M.R. Stefanik on Stefanik square next to Eurovea between 09:00-19:00 every day – by opening the link, that you received upon purchase, in your browser on your phone. Simply press the Start button to begin playing.
- Solve 12 clues by typing the answers in the text box and hit the ‘correct answer’ button to submit your answer.
- Enjoy discovering the city as each correct answer takes you to your next location within walking distance.
- The answers to some clues are hidden inside places and spaces we like. We don’t take any commission for bringing you there – we simply think they add something extra to your experience.
- Keep in mind that all answers are made up of one word only or a number.
- For each correct answer, you’ll receive a fun fact about Bratislava’s history in addition to the next clue.
- Ask for a hint, by clicking the ‘I need help’ button, if you need a little help solving a clue. HINTS will get you nearer to the location where you need to search for the answer to your clue.
- Please note there’s only one HINT per clue. Each HINT you ask for will add 10mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- In case you’d like to skip a clue without solving it and want to receive the next one, press the ‘Skip this clue’ button. We recommend asking for a HINT before you skip a clue to make sure you are near the right spot to continue from.
- Skipping a clue adds 20mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- You can always close and reopen your browser – and using your same unique link, you can continue playing where you left off.
Location & Timings
- Start: The Hidden Gems of Green Bratislava starts in front of the statue of M.R. Stefanik, on the square with the same name: M.R. Stefanik square. It’s in between the buildings of the Eurovea shopping mall. The trail can be played all days, starting between 09:00 – 19:00. Starting any later than 19:00 may result in certain locations, where you have to enter to find your answer, being closed.
- End: The trail ends near Hviezdoslav Square in Bratislava’s Old Town.
- Distance & duration: The trail is spread across approximately 4 wonderful kilometres and takes between 1.5 to 2.5 hours to complete. However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so enjoy your new discoveries!
- Break: The trail includes two breaks near lovely cafes – the recommended time for the break is 30 minutes to make sure you can enter all locations to find your answers in time.
- Difficulty level: Medium.
Read our Terms & Conditions here.