How to play:
- Pre-game: Get 1-5 fellow players together.
- Playing the game: To start playing, open the link, which you received upon purchase, in your phone’s browser. Then, simply press the “Start” button to start solving the first riddle. As soon as you hit “Start”, the clock starts ticking.
- Solving the riddles: Solve the 8 riddles by typing the answers in the text box and tap the tick button to submit your answer. Most answers are made up of one word only or a number – there are a few exceptions.
- Hints: If you need a little help, ask for a hint. Hints will get you nearer to the location where you can find the answer to your riddle. Note there’s only one hint per riddle. Each hint you ask for will add 10mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
- Skipping riddles: In case you’d like to skip a riddle without solving it and want to receive the next one, press ‘Skip this riddle’. We recommend asking for a hint before skipping a riddle to make sure you are near the right spot to continue from. Skipping a riddle adds 20mins ‘penalty time’ to your overall time.
And just so you know,
- You (the team captain) can always close and reopen your unique link in your phone’s browser – and you can continue playing where you left off until one week after starting the game (handy in the unlikely event of rain!).
Hear and read what recent players said about our trails here.
Read our Terms & Conditions here.
Note that this trail is a shorter version of The Secrets of Amsterdam’s City Centre trail, if you have more time, or are in for a bigger adventure, book the full trail here.